So we’ve entered a new year and undoubtedly most people are going to be posting their new year’s resolutions all over the Internet in the next couple of days. I too have been thinking about my life as it has progressed so far, mostly looking at what I’ve been doing wrong and what I’ve been doing right, what worked and what didn’t. I’ve also been looking at some of the posts I’ve written in the past here on my blog, and it occurred to me that I already have a pretty good formula for my approach to life in the new year and I think far beyond. I’m going to list those posts below, but for a detailed explanation click through to read every one of them to get the complete picture. You really have to read the details in order to really understand where I’m coming from.
- Have absolutely nothing to lose in life. If you have nothing to lose, you can only win. Stand for what you believe, have principles in life, value your integrity, make your own choices, be free and have some backbone. Make sure you have nothing to lose, because that’s the only way you’ll be able to really have all of those things. Read the details.
- Listen to the voice inside your head. Our intuition is always there to provide guidance. Learn to isolate it from all the clutter and noise in life and then always listen to it. Read the details.
- Learn from everyone. You can learn important and valuable things from almost anyone as long as you keep an open mind. The sooner you realize this, and really understand what this means, the sooner you’ll be able to benefit from it. Read the details.
- Learn how to deal with being wrong. Constantly challenge yourself and/or allow yourself to be challenged by others to find out if you’re on the right track. If not, admit to it as soon as possible and change directions. It will only help you improve and grow much faster. Read the details.
- See life for what it is. At its core life is a very painful and negative experience. The sooner you realize this, the better you’ll be able to deal with it. Understand what “happiness” is and reset your expectations accordingly. Read the details.
- Focus on the negative things in life. Don’t fool yourself. Know what’s missing, what could be better and what’s wrong, and focus on those things! It will only make you a better person. Read the details.
- Understand the world we live in. The world we live in is fundamentally flawed and evil and if you want to be a part of it, it will force you to support that. However indirectly it may be, while you may know it or not. The sooner you understand this, the sooner you’ll be able to deal with it. Read the details.
- Be prepared to go crazy, but in reverse. You’re going to find out that things are not as they seem, not as you’ve been taught, and not as people want you to believe. In fact, quite often in life the “truth” is a lie and “lies” are true. Read the details.
- Understand love and relationships. If you look around you, it should be more than clear that what we’ve been taught about love, and the rules we’ve been told to live by only serve to frustrate our lives, hurt our relationships and make things more difficult for us. Find out what works: Read the details.
- Watch your weight! I see people everywhere struggling to maintain a healthy weight. The solution is simple: Just follow Donk’s Diet. Read the details.
These are some of the concepts that have so far served me well in life. Upon looking back at the issues I’ve had in my life so far, I’ve noticed that most issues only started and/or got worse when I chose to neglect what I’ve just listed above. Perhaps this information might be useful to you as well in the new year, and hopefully beyond.